Re: [pygame] loading images and sounds

Charles Joseph Christie II schrieb:
On Tuesday 01 May 2007 02:52:30 pm DR0ID wrote:
Charles Joseph Christie II schrieb:
On Tuesday 01 May 2007 02:40:24 pm DR0ID wrote:
Hi again

I looked at it for a moment and found following:

1.)stg.py
in Player.update()
uncomment slef.image.blit(self.image, ...)  # this cuases a
segmentation fault on my machine, winxp

2.)you have to add a Bullet.png in the img directory

3.) in stg.py in Boss.update()   same line as in Player.update()

4.) in bullets.py in the Bullets class the same error as in the
other classe in update()!

otherwise it seem to work, although I cant see anything happen on
screen except of the typing (cant see any bullet??).

well done.

~DR0ID

PS: if you want to chat, I'm currently online in the IRC on #pygame

:-)
I think you have the old code... really really old. I uncommented the
player image stuff ages ago and I have a (really ugly) bullet in my
img folder. Did you use svn to get the code or what? I sent another
email, it should have my most up-to-date junk on it.
I had the same problems that DR0ID had, and I got the code from
subversion

I think you forgot to svn add img/Bullet.png
Yeah, I did. :P (I just fixed it, try it again)
Hi again

still segmenation faults on winxp. Sorry, this time I have no time to
check where in the code they occure.
(well blitting an image on itself at (0,0) does not make any sense,
right?)

~DR0ID
Well, it worked on all the other images... :P

I don't know what to blit it to, then. Could this be the problem?
Hi

why do you want to blit and image to itself?

Anyway you fill it just a line befor, so it has already only one color.
It is that evil line, where you blit it to itself, that causes the
segmentation fault (at least on my machine running winxp).

As I told you, I commented these lines out and it worked.

~DR0ID

So then just get rid of all the self.image.blit lines or just remove what's in the brackets?

Hi

delete or comment the lines out.

How do you run you script? I run it in the command shell because then I see what the traceback is :-)

~DR0ID