Re: [pygame] Galcon mods - using pysafe

Wow!  I just downloaded Galcon for the first time and tried it out,
having heard so much stuff about it.  Nice work!

Did you do that all in PyGame???

~ Nathan

On 4/30/07, Phil Hassey <philhassey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben,

Sure thing - I've sent you a single player reg. code so you can access the
mods.

(Offer still stands to any other pygamers interested.)

Have fun!
- Phil

Ben Woodhead <benwoodhead@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hello Phil,

Looks like an interesting project. I would be glad to test out the mod
system if you are still looking for beta testers.

Ben Woodhead
Telos Productions

>From: Phil Hassey
>To: pygame
>Subject: [pygame] Galcon mods - using pysafe
>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:27:46 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hi,
>
>Thanks again to the folks who helped me troubleshoot my pysafe code. I've
>now integrated that into Galcon and the game now the ability to create
>Galcon mods. Here's the announcement I sent out:
>
>http://www.imitationpickles.org/galcon/download.html
>
>The new mods system in Galcon is in "beta" now. It works, but use it at
>your own risk! To check it out press 'm' on the main menu (there isn't a
>clickable link) and you'll be sent to a page where you can see the 3 mods
>I've included for you to play with. They are a version of the "Classic"
>game, a map editor, and a mini game called nibbles. All of these mods
>include full source, so now you can modify those to have different game
>play different bots, different maps, etc. Over time I'll be adding some
>guides to the website and more tutorial-like examples to it. For now, you
>just have some raw stuff to work with.
>
>To add your own mods, go to:
>Windows: c:\program files\galcon\mods\
>MacOSX: /Applications/Galcon.app/Contents/Resources/mods/
>Linux: ./galcon/mods
>
>This is all very *experimental* so things may not work perfectly. Also,
>since this is in "beta" some of the Galcon API, is subject to change over
>time. If you find any bugs or problems, please post them to the Galcon
>forums in the new Mods topic. I'm very excited to see what people are able
>to build!
>
>... the mods feature is only available to registered Galcon users ... but
>if you asked me really nicely, I might be able to slip you a reg. code for
>access to this feature :)
>
>Thanks!
>Phil

>Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
> Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Win a webcam! Nominate your friend's Windows Live Space in the Windows Live
Spaces Sweetest Space Contest and you both could win!
http://www.microsoft.com/canada/home/contests/sweetestspace/default.aspx