Re: [pygame] Transparent PNGs

Hmmm.... that's odd. It displays on my machine with transparency.

Incidentally, I find GIMP easier to use than Photoshop, and it would be much more capable than Photoshop LE... and it is free. Be prepared for a bit of a learning curve in changing over from Photoshop, but it is worth it.

Kris Schnee wrote:
To finally revisit this topic: I'm having trouble making transparent
PNGs. I'm using Photoshop LE, and can make transparent GIFs, but the
transparency doesn't show up when I make a PNG the same way: deleting
the background, leaving the "nothing here" checkerboard pattern on the
screen. Attached is an example made this way that's still not
transparent. Any idea what's wrong?

A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
Website: http://miriam-english.org
Blog: http://miriam-e.livejournal.com