Re: [pygame] Transparent PNGs

Kris Schnee wrote:
To finally revisit this topic: I'm having trouble making transparent
PNGs. I'm using Photoshop LE, and can make transparent GIFs, but the
transparency doesn't show up when I make a PNG the same way: deleting
the background, leaving the "nothing here" checkerboard pattern on the
screen. Attached is an example made this way that's still not
transparent. Any idea what's wrong?

The PNG image does have a transparent background with anti-aliasing using per-pixel alpha. A GIF uses color-key. Make sure the Pygame surface is 32 bit and has SRCALPHA set.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>