Re: [pygame] Can't get clean sound!

try:
   pygame.mixer.pre_init(44100,-16,2, 1024 * 3)
except:
   pygame.mixer.pre_init()

pygame.init()

On 5/10/07, John Eriksson <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ghaaaa!

I give up! Even after reading all mails about sound problems and trying
every single suggestion I can't get the sound to be played clean.

I've tested both PyGame apps and other SDL-based applications and the
sound is still crackling. When using non-SDL applications teher are no
sound problems.

There are some improvement when using "export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=esd" but
then there is a delay before the sound is played.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn.

Don't really know how to determine what kind of hardware I'm using but I
know it's an Intel on-board sound chip of some sort. I have a laptop
Dell Latitude D820.  And I didn't have any problems with the sound
before upgrading to Feisty Fawn.

Can someone please help me???

If not, can I use some other python sound API?

Best Regards
/John