Re: [pygame] Help making surfarray work

Sorry, the link has been fixed now.
http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/stuff/Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.5.exe

On 5/10/07, Elliott Slaughter <elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, the binary doesn't seem to be there:

"The requested URL /~rene/stuff/Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.5.exe was not found
on this server."

Thanks again for your help.

On 5/9/07, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Here's a numeric binary for windows python2.5. > > http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/stuff/Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.5.exe > > Cheers, > > On 5/10/07, Elliott Slaughter < elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > I have been having trouble getting the surfarray module to work. I am using > > Python 2.5.1 and Pygame 1.7.1 (both installed from binaries) on Windows XP. > > It seems that surfarray uses the Numeric module, which is no longer being > > actively supported. There is no binary for Numeric, and it would be some > > trouble to compile it from sources seeing as I have not bothered compiling > > anything else from source. I have seen the patch for making surfarray use > > Numpy instead of Numeric, but again, being a nube, I don't know how to use > > the patch to make surfarray work, and I can't seem to find any documentation > > on it. So I am wondering: > > > > a) What do I use to patch surfarray? > > b) Does the patch work on already installed versions of surfarray, or will I > > have to run it on the source code and then compile it from scratch? > > c) If I am forced to compile pygame to patch surfarray, will MSCV++ Express > > 2005 work, or do I need another compiler? > > d) If I am forced to compile pygame, do I need to compile python and > > everything else from scratch as well? > > > > Thanks in advance! > > > > -- > > "Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." -Frank > > Herbert > > Elliott Slaughter > > elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > >