Re: [pygame] Slow performance in fullscreen mode

On 31/05/07, Brian Bull <Brian.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

My Pygame app runs fine in windowed mode, using

> pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768))

But when I switch to fullscreen mode with

> pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768),pygame.FULLSCREEN )

the display looks fine but the app speed slows down dramatically.
Perhaps the problem is that Pygame is emulating an absent video mode in
some form? 1024 x 768 is supposed to be one of the video modes of this
monitor...

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I would like to be able to use
fullscreen 1024x768 without the performance hit...

I found that fullscreen worked best when using the same resolution as the
screen is currently operating at but this was using opengl so I don't know if it
works the same normally.

HTH