Re: [pygame] Slow performance in fullscreen mode

Oh yeah.  Sometimes that makes a difference.

There's soooo many variables with all the different video cards out
there.  Generally full screen is faster though.

Have you tried that event culling idea mentioned in the other email Brian?

On 6/1/07, Adam Bark <adam.jtm30@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31/05/07, Brian Bull
<Brian.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> My Pygame app runs fine in windowed mode, using
>
> > pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768))
>
> But when I switch to fullscreen mode with
>
> > pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768),pygame.FULLSCREEN )
>
> the display looks fine but the app speed slows down dramatically.
> Perhaps the problem is that Pygame is emulating an absent video mode in
> some form? 1024 x 768 is supposed to be one of the video modes of this
> monitor...
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions please? I would like to be able to use
> fullscreen 1024x768 without the performance hit...

I found that fullscreen worked best when using the same resolution as the
screen is currently operating at but this was using opengl so I don't know
if it
works the same normally.

HTH