Re: [pygame] pygame 1.8.0 problems

Jake b wrote:
Hi. I'm trying to get ocempgui working, so I downloaded the newest
version that removes numeric dependency. Then I installed the newest
version of pygame. But import fails.

I run:
python.exe -i
import ocempgui

popup dialog:
title: But I get "python.exe - entry point not found"
error: "The procedure entry pont SDL_GetKeyRepeat could not be located
in the dynamic link libary SDL.dll

[snip]
What's wrong?

== I have installed: ==
python 2.5
numpy
pygame 1.8.0.win32-py2.5msi
pygame 1.7.1.win32-py2.5
OS: win32 / winXP

You can't have both Pygame 1.7.1 and 1.8.0 installed at the same time. Try uninstalling Pygame, deleting directory C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pygame if necessary, then reinstall Pygame 1.8.0. I found no problems with OcempGUI and Pygame 1.8.1.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>