Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.8.0 for Windows doesn't actually work.

When I try this for Python 2.4 I find nothing is replaced. Only files new to Pygame 1.8 are added. Consequently I don't get the error since it is still effectively Pygame 1.7. The msi installer is generated entirely by distutils. To customize its behavior means more hacks to distutils. We could always go back to the distutils executable Windows installer. What I know is msi is demanding. You must design your project around it for it to work as intended. Also the msi module included with Python 2.5 is inflexible.

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
So does anybody know why exactly this problem happens? Is there some file left behind by 1.7.1 that is not replaced with a 1.8.0 file? If so, what file?