Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.8.0 for Windows doesn't actually work.

You don't have to do anything that extreme. Just subclass bdist_msi in setup.py then add to the cmdclass dictionary as 'bdist_msi'. See the WinBuildExt and smart_install_data classes as examples.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
hey,

nice detective work.

You could monkey patch the bdist_msi class in distutils.

You save the old class to a variable somewhere, then derive a class
from that.  Then place your new class where the old distutils one is.

There are some examples of doing this in the distutils_mods.py file
that you can copy from.

cheers,