Re: [pygame] Display set_mode FULLSCREEN hang

Thank you for your help.

Just want to add for the record that the ordering and hanging problem only appears for particular Intel display adapter.

Thanks for the point on the refresh rate.

Adam

René Dudfield wrote:
hi,

ah. VideoCapture uses directx to do its thing... and as you are on XP, it is likely choosing directx video driver. So that's probably why the two are mixing weirdly.

thanks for reporting back with what you found out.

I'm not sure if you can select a refresh rate (yet).
From the SDL release notes... "The default fullscreen refresh rate has been increased to match the desktop refresh rate, when using equivalent resolutions. A full API for querying and selecting refresh rates is planned for SDL 1.3"

Of course, if you want to go and implement it yourself... you could always patch SDL to do your bidding.

However... with LCD screens, the like the native resolution... so you could choose the desktop resolution and use pygame.transform.scale to draw. That should give you the refresh rate you want. So that is one possible work-around.

cu,