Re: [pygame] Lots of spam comments in the docs...

Just require validation when the comment contains a url. 99% of all spam
comments contain urls. 99% of comments that don't contain comments are
real. The only thing you have to worry about is the ??% of real comments
with non-spammy urls.

So when the comment-poster clicks submit, check to see if the comment
contains http://

* If there is no http:// just post the comment with no futher
validation. A few "vandalism" spams might slip through, but they will be
small in number and easy to fix. (I say this from personal experience
from using a similar system on my own site)

* If there is an http:// then use some further form of validation. Maybe
present a captcha, maybe a text question, maybee require a bubbman2 high
score, whatever.

I also suggest not bothering with IP bans. All modern spammers will
be using anonymizers, and all modern spam-robots will be using botnet
nodes. IP bans are only (slightly) useful for vandals, not for spammers.

---
James