Re: [pygame] Update on Sphinx version of Pygame docs

Hi,

On 09/05/11 12:01 PM, René Dudfield wrote:
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:len-l@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi René,

    Yes, go ahead and make changes to the .doc files in trunk. The
    conversion to reST is still automated (makerst.py).

    I feel it's time to move the Sphinx stuff into trunk. The final
    move to reST source can be deferred as long as desired. The reST
    derived help page (index.html) is now more like the current one,
    though some styling needs to be done. We could have a trial period
    where .doc -> .rst -> .html to see how the new xhtml formatting is
    received before making a final commit to reST.

    Lenard

sounds good

I have added a new doc tool to trunk, makeref2.py. This uses Sphinx as a backend for generating html from Pygame .doc source files. setup.py has been extended (*) to handle the Sphinx generated docs. I have tried the Sphinx generated docs on Debian with Firefox 4, Chromium 6, Opera 11, and Epiphany 2.30, on Windows with IE 8 (or whatever the latest version is). It looks good.

I have also tested the build chain with the latest Sphinx version from Mercurial head. With a few small bug fixes it even works with Python 3.2.

So whenever we are ready, we can replace the html in svn head and see how it goes.

(*) A side effect is that the camera module tutorial now installs as well.

Lenard Lindstrom