Re: [pygame] Resolution for a 2d game

BIAGINI wrote:
I really want to make my game is an higher resolution than 640*480.

The best way to do this will depend a lot on the nature of the
game.

You essentially have two choices:

1) Allow scrolling, although that won't be appropriate for some
kinds of game.

2) Change the resolution of the graphics to match the screen. If
your graphics are vector-based, that's just a matter of scaling.
If they're image-based, you may need a number of sets of images
with different resolutions.

There's another option, but it's more difficult to pull off:

3) Change the gameplay depending on the screen size. The game
Oxyd did this with a few of its levels, having two different
versions of the level designed for different screen sizes.

--
Greg