Re: [pygame] pygame bug tracking (bugzilla alternative?)

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been hosting the pygame bug tracker at
http://pygame.motherhamster.org/bugzilla/ it seems to be getting a
little usage, but not a whole lot.

Is a bugzilla tracker still a desirable thing for the pygame
developers? Does anybody have interest in taking over hosting of it, or
converting the bugs already filed in it into a different bug tracker?
(maybe even a python-based one?)

I am not going to suddenly stop hosting it or anything like that, I just
want to find out if there is anybody out there who is interested in
taking it over and/or making it better.

---
James Paige

Hi James,

first I must thank you for hosting it all of these years.  Thanks heaps!

Perhaps we should move bug tracking to a shared hosting thing, like bitbucket ( https://bitbucket.org/features )?  The benefit of that would be that someone else can host it for us, and it has integration with mercurial(hg) (which both python and SDL now use).

What do you think?

Finally, it looks like there's a lot of bugs in there that need attention.