Re: [pygame] pygame bug tracking (bugzilla alternative?)

On 19/05/11 02:22 AM, René Dudfield wrote:
On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have been hosting the pygame bug tracker at
    http://pygame.motherhamster.org/bugzilla/ it seems to be getting a
    little usage, but not a whole lot.

<snip>

    James Paige

Hi James,

first I must thank you for hosting it all of these years.  Thanks heaps!

Perhaps we should move bug tracking to a shared hosting thing, like bitbucket ( https://bitbucket.org/features )? The benefit of that would be that someone else can host it for us, and it has integration with mercurial(hg) (which both python and SDL now use).

What do you think?

Finally, it looks like there's a lot of bugs in there that need attention.

Hi,

I have used the bug tracker, though sparingly. It is a good way to formalize bugs and feature requests on the mailing list. It also focuses my attention on what to do next. So I am for keeping one around, and making better use of it. Having the source repository and tracker on the same site should encourage better use. And it would mean on less user id/password to keep around.

Lenard Lindstrom