[pygame] Freezing Pygame projects in Windows

Hey All,
Sorry if this has been asked & answered, I couldn't find anything specific
by searching so far so hopefully not :)

I'm trying to freeze a project made with pygame / SimpleGUICS2Pygame. Every
tool I've tried apart from pygame2exe results in an executable that stops
responding. Most of them print a pygame parachute segmentation fault.

I've had success freezing with pygame2exe but I'd like to be able to use a
different freezing tool for a few reasons, and I'm a little bit too green to
work out how to make the changes made in pygame2exe work with other tools.

I might be mistaken but from what I've read I think the problem may have
something to do with the font settings?

Could someone point me in the right direction of something I can do to make
pyinstaller & other tools create working executables for pygame?

Thanks in advance!