Re: [pygame] python/pygame development environment

> I'm wondering what development environments people find useful, and why.
> I'm currently running IDLE under windows, but its not ideal. There are some
> problems like IDLE's debugger is a bit flakey - break points dont work under
> Windows.

Back when I was using IDLE (for like two days) I discovered that IDLEfork
was much less achy-breaky, so if you're a hardcore IDLE fan, maybe that's
worth a shot.

These days I use NEdit 5.3 on top of Linux 2.4.19 for source editing. It's a
handy editor with syntax highlighting and a handful of other tools that
doesn't try to be emacs, which although I'm sure everyone loves, I just
believe my editor should be able to check my email and change which mp3 is
playing depending on whether I've got new mail or not. =]

Admittedly, I don't really mess with breakpoints, I'm more of a "insert a
debugging print line here" sort of guy. I just code in nedit, save, and run
my program from a bash prompt.

I did take a look at scintilla that was recommended here on the list, and
that tree expanding thing looks kind of cool.

*  tgz@orotech.net  *  http://clickass.org  *  ICQ# 1107012  *  AIM/Yahoo:
theGREENzebra  *  http://mp3.com/thegreenzebra
-----GEEK CODE 3.12-----
GCM/CS/IT/MU d? s: a22 C++++ UL++++ P+ L+++>$ E---- W++ N+ o K- w---$ O- M
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t++(+++) 5- X R tv(+) b+(-) DI+++ D+ G++ e h++ r+(---) y+
UF*++