Re: [pygame] python/pygame development environment

"Chris" <c.gersch@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> I'm wondering what development environments people find useful, and
> why.
>

> I'm currently running IDLE under windows, but its not ideal. There are
> some
>
> problems like IDLE's debugger is a bit flakey - break points dont work
> under
>
> Windows.

I have been using Emacs (on windows) as my python IDE for quite some
time now. Python Emacs mode combined with the ability to script Emacs
with python using pymacs and support for the python debugger, makes
Emacs a pleasure for coding pyton in. There was a bug/misfeature in
gud.el that prevented debugging python code under windows, this has
been fixed in the latest cvs, but I can supply the patch if anyone
needs it.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad