Re: [pygame] Widescreen problems?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:18:18PM -0800, Jasper wrote:
> Luke Paireepinart wrote:
>
> >Jasper wrote:
> >
> >>I was giving a demo of my game today on a friend's widescreen laptop,
> >>and my pygame/opengl app broke!  Does anyone else have any experience
> >>with pygame windows being redrawn incorrectly after being dragged
> >>across the windows desktop?
> >
> >I don't think there's enough info for us to help here.
> >What do you mean 'broke'?
>
> I mean that when you dragged the pygame window across the windows
> desktop, that it no longer drew correctly.  The openGL quad + texture I
> use for my startup screen was distorted, and not centered correctly.  I
> suspect this might have something to do with the widescreen, but it
> could also be the video card.
>
> However, I'm curious in general about any trouble people have had on
> widescreen monitors, to give an idea whether to investigate the
> widescreen or graphics card angle first, and whether I need to get ahold
> of a widescreen monitor for testing.
>
> -Jasper

I have used pygame on a widescreen laptop (1024x600) with no problems at
all (no hardware opengl on that card)

I suspect that the specific video card is far more likely to be the
problem than the unusal monitor/desktop size-- especially since this is
not a full-screen program (I assume not anyway, since you say you
dragged it)

---
Bob the Hamster