Re: [pygame] Widescreen problems?

Bob the Hamster wrote:

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:18:18PM -0800, Jasper wrote:

I mean that when you dragged the pygame window across the windows desktop, that it no longer drew correctly. The openGL quad + texture I use for my startup screen was distorted, and not centered correctly. I suspect this might have something to do with the widescreen, but it could also be the video card.

However, I'm curious in general about any trouble people have had on widescreen monitors, to give an idea whether to investigate the widescreen or graphics card angle first, and whether I need to get ahold of a widescreen monitor for testing.

-Jasper

I have used pygame on a widescreen laptop (1024x600) with no problems at all (no hardware opengl on that card)

I suspect that the specific video card is far more likely to be the problem than the unusal monitor/desktop size-- especially since this is not a full-screen program (I assume not anyway, since you say you dragged it)

---
Bob the Hamster

It can be fullscreen, although I didn't have an oppurtunity to test that out (as I couldn't use the gui, and thus couldn't easily switch to fullscreen). I too fear it may be a graphics card issue, although it was a relatively new laptop so this seems unlikely, as I thought modern 3D cards no longer had problems with openGL...

-Jasper