[pygame] ANN: pyglet 1.0beta1

Hello PyGame users,

I'm pleased to finally announce the first public beta of pyglet, a cross-platform windowing and multimedia library suitable for games development in Python.

pyglet is similar in functionality to PyGame, but has the following notable differences:

* pyglet is written entirely in Python, with no external requirements
  to run on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
* All graphics in pyglet must be drawn using OpenGL; there is not yet
  any API for drawing simple shapes, however some user-created modules
  are already floating around the talk pages.
* pyglet does not yet have any joystick support.

pyglet can also:

* read a large number of image formats, including PNG, BMP, JPG,
  GIF, DDS, TIF, ...
* read TrueType, Type 1, and other common font formats and render
  text with anti-aliasing.
* mix sound and music in surround-sound from any number of sources,
  taking advantage of hardware acceleration where available.
* create any number of top-level windows, and take advantage of
  multiple-monitor setups.
* with the help of a single DLL, read compressed audio formats such
  as MP3, OGG/Vorbis, WMA; and compressed video formats such as
  DivX, MPEG-2, H.264, WMV and Xvid.

If this feature set sounds applicable to you, bearing in mind this is a beta release, then head on over to

http://www.pyglet.org

...if not, please disregard this spam :-)  We have a mailing list for
pyglet-related discussion that you can find from the website, and
hope to see you there.

Regards
Alex Holkner.