Re: [pygame] ANN: pyglet 1.0beta1

On 11/13/07, Phil Hassey <philhassey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - The game is pixel art based and only "looks right" at 640x480

OpenGL provides many ways to scale a 640x480 viewport up to a higher
resolution, with or without aliasing (I suspect in this use-case you'd
prefer the aliasing).

> - The game uses a lot of high-powered features and the game wishes to give
> the end user the option to play the game at a lower resolution if their GPU
> isn't up to handling it at 1600x1200 or whatever their desktop is set at

It will be a happy day when a Python application is fill-limited, and
not CPU bound!

pyglet provides excellent windowing support, including full mouse and
keyboard exclusivity... a game with fixed resolution smaller than the
display will happily run inside a window.

Alex.