Re: [pygame] I'm getting BSOD while using PyGame.

On 10 Nov 2007 at 15:30, Jake b wrote:

> I've started on a very basic game, right now all it does is blit
> tiles to the screen. I used a NumPy tutorial to create a 2D array to
> store tileID's for rendering. But running it, caused my computer to
> get a Blue Screen Of Death.
>
> The code was "x = ones( ( 3, 4 ) )"
>
> I was surprised because I was running my game in windowed mode, if I
> called blit() witih an invalid value, or accessed an array out of
> bounds, I thought it would at worst crash to desktop. I have also
> tried the game Snowballz, ( it uses PyGame ) So my first guess was
> that it was NumPy that did it.
>
> I removed NumPy, creating my own basic 2D array class that seems to
> be working correctly stand-alone. I started to place it into my tile
> code, and I got the BSOD again. Now I know it's not NumPy. The wierd
> thing is even when it crashes, it seems to render the tileset at
> least once. Sometimes it had been running for a few seconds ( at 60
> renders per second ), but once it was the very first render that
> crashed.

A BSOD is strange.
Checking basics:
Are you sure your alternative code has loaded ? I mean, if you run
from the cmd prompt, by example
>c:\python24\python.exe myprog.py
all modules are reloaded, but if you are runing from inside an IDE
maybe you need to restart the IDE.

Make sure the dir and files have standart attribs, ie no ReadOnly ,
no Hide, etc. I remember a time when editing in IDE and running  from
command line ,when IDLE writes the sources but the interpreter keeps
Just in case try deleting the .pyc before run the alternate (non
Numpy) code.

If you want more feedback, post more code ( from the non numeric
version, to keep it easy)
Cheers

claxo