Re: [pygame] I'm getting BSOD while using PyGame.

On Nov 12, 2007 12:07 PM, Jake b <ninmonkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can get an equivalent c++ program to blit tiles using libSDL to work
> fine on both computers. That's why I'm wondering could it have
> anything to do with a certain version of PyGame + Python?

What version of libSDL? is it 1.2.10 or above or 1.2.9 or below? cause
with 1.2.10 and above they changed the default video backend - which
is how pygame could be doing completely different things that the
libsdl c++ app

> I have Python: 2.5.1, and PyGame: pygame-1.7.1release.win32-py2.5.exe

That installer should be using SDL 1.2.7 which means it would be going
through your directx driver. You could try running the game with the
windib backend, which means it would use different drivers for a lot
of the work. To do that, put this as like the first 2 lines of the
script you run:

import os
os.environ["SDL_VIDEODRIVER"] = "windib"

If the script doesn't hang and BSOD when run that way, it would seem
the problem would be caused by directx drivers misbehaving with what
pygame would be telling them to do.