Re: Re: [pygame] ANN: pyglet 1.0beta1

On Nov 12, 2007 3:29 PM, Richard Jones <richardjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > be a lot of 3d apps where resolution doesn't matter, but the bluriness
> > of scaling 1.65 does kill small text and make crisp sharp lines look
> > bad, and it makes pixel art distorted.
>
> With aliasing (GL_NEAREST texture env) the display will look exactly the same as if it was scaled by the monitor. No blurriness.

Fine, you can trade bluriness for having some of your source pixels be
twice as long or as high as others. Nice to know you can pick in what
way it looks bad, but I don't see how a nearest neighbor scale of
1.65:1 will look good in any meaningful way (i.e. I perfer the
bluriness).

...and every monitor I have scales/stretches much better than my
openGL drivers do - CRT's stretch and scale nearly perfectly so I
assume you must just be thinking of LCD's, but my laptop and HDTV are
better than the bilinear filter of my video cards.