[pygame] Split screen question (newbie)

Hi all,

ok, so I am a bit of a newbie and I am trying to make a split screen game. The idea is very simple: screen divided in halves, top and bottom spaces are wrapped, and not connected at all (think two different spaces). It would be great if the two sides could have different backgrounds. I have no clue how to due this, so any help is very welcome. I guess my level is pretty low: I can make asteroids and spacewar kind of games.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Naranjito