Re: [pygame] Split screen question (newbie)

On Nov 21, 2007, at 8:28 AM, Dan Krol wrote:

Maybe this is what Kris already said, but I think that you should use
two surfaces, sized at half the height of the screen. That way they
work essentially as two independent screens, clipping is handled for
you, etc. Then when it comes to drawing the surfaces, put one surface
at the top and one at the bottom (I don't know the exact call or
parameters, you'd have to look that up).

You might try creating two subsurfaces of your display surface, then draw the views into each. That way you get two separate surfaces but when you draw on them it draws through to the underlying screen in the proper place, without doing any extra work.

-Casey