[pygame] installing Pygame for Mac OS X standard Python

I'm trying to get started with pygame on my stock OS X 10.5 system. I don't want to install a different version of Python, as this laptop is also used for work, where we are supposed to all be using the standard Python (2.5.1) that comes preinstalled with the machine.

But the Mac binary installer at <http://www.pygame.org/ download.shtml>, as advertised, refuses to install in this environment, claiming it needs "System Python" (by which I think it means a custom Python installation rather than the standard one).

Should I follow the compile instructions at <http://pygame.org/wiki/MacCompile > to get a pygame that works with my system? And, if we're making Mac binaries available, why not make them work with the Python distribution that every Mac user already has? Just trying to understand what's going on here.

Thanks,
- Joe