Re: [pygame] which Box2D wrapper to use?

On Nov 28, 2008, at 8:52 PM, pymike wrote:

I'd rather use pymunk, personally.

I'm coming to that same conclusion myself. It turns out that Elements requires PyObj2D, but the author of PyObj2D is thinking about abandoning it, and I couldn't get it to install anyway.

Pymunk, on the other hand, is fairly self-contained, and you don't even have to install it to use it. And even though it didn't ship with a Mac binary of the underlying library, making that (via a special setup command) was a breeze, and all this was clearly explained in the README.

So, within five minutes I was browsing the copious pymunk demos successfully. I'm pretty impressed so far!

Cheers,
- Joe