Re: [pygame] man oh man Java is painful

Yeah I'm an Android and C noob, but I've been a bit excited reading
about NDK and being able to use C instead of Java maybe. But from what
I've read it's not designed to replace java but rather provide
potential performance benefits in certain parts of an android app.

I mean to a certain extent I'm thinking, as far as learning Java for
android, if you can't beat em join em. And I dig the Android platform
more as far as the tablets themselves. And since I have to (and should
do, if I want to be a well rounded programmer) learn some compiled
languages, hell why not start with fortran. I mean Java.

I mean, it's all a learning adventure. It's just that coming from a
Python world where you can play around, take risks and have fune, the
heavyweight syntax is just an enthusiasm crusher. If I try anything
different Eclipse freakin explodes with complaints, then its off to
Java or Android documentation which scares the crap out of me, whereas
I find python.org pretty good reading actually.

Of course over time I will know more and there will be less crushing going on.

Preaching to the choir here I know but... I guess I'm in a ranting
mood. Thanks for listening.

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.