Re: [pygame] pygame4android - does the end user need P4A?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 12:46:15PM -0300, Sean Wolfe wrote:
> Rolling around in the Java / Android weeds and hating it. A question
> ... if I build my Android app with P4A, does the end user need to
> install P4A as well?
>
> The answer is no, correct? I mean the P4A build documentation uses Ant
> and a JDK and results in an .apk file, right? The end game doesn't
> even use python on the phone? Or maybe I am misunderstanding the
> thingies.
>
> Thanks!

I distributed my game Stegavorto in the android store that way.

The end user does NOT need to install the Pygame for Android package,
but there is a complete copy of it embedded into your .apk
file. Python does indeed run on the android phone.

---
James Paige