Re: [pygame] ANNOUNCE: beta 0.1 of sForzando

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Pete Shinners wrote:

> Nat Budin wrote:
>
> > Check out the tests package for some examples of what sForzando is capable
> > of, and keep in mind that we plan to keep on expanding the library - this is
> > only a first, preliminary version.  Any feedback (comments, questions,
> > suggestions, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much!
>

> it looks like you plan on sforzando being a lower level library to your
> more ambitious sforce project (which sure looks interesting). in the
> meantime, i know one thing that could really make sforzando useful is a
> set of tools for creating high quality game menus, setup screen,
> easy and flexible set of functions/widgets would be a big help for every
> pygame project out there.

I suggest checking out http://pymousetrap.sf.net for doing all of your mouse
event dispatching if you're going to do this, and that's partially because
it's mine.  ;)  The version released Sunday 0.6.0 works properly with
pygame, and the included example shows off the capabilities well.

-b