Re: framework proposal - was Re: [pygame] Re: Distribution of Work

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:14:17AM +0300, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:
> What kind of module is it? Maybe its mine. :)
no ;)

> I made a pyopengl 2D helper module a year ago or so, and have been meaning
> to make a second, better version "any time now". It's just that recently
> my payjob has been pretty much sucking the programming energy out of me.

same here. it's just a very small C module.. i'm almost certain it can
be done with pyopengl alone, and i'd very much prefer that.

> But if the framework project you proposed kicks off, I'd be interested to
> participate.

i'm not really working on pygame stuff right now, but i know i've got some code
lying around that i can refactor to be a generic basis for other projects..

i think writing the most basic generic functionality (abstraction) in a
clean way, putting layer on top of layer, frees us from the need of
really having to get a strong dynamic going at first.

  paul