Re: framework proposal - was Re: [pygame] Re: Distribution of Work

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Paul Boehm wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:14:17AM +0300, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:
>
> > I made a pyopengl 2D helper module a year ago or so, and have been meaning
> > to make a second, better version "any time now". It's just that recently
> > my payjob has been pretty much sucking the programming energy out of me.
>
> same here. it's just a very small C module.. i'm almost certain it can
> be done with pyopengl alone, and i'd very much prefer that.

Heh, me too, me too!  Looks like this is a popular thing to do.

Basically I've got a python module for using a pygame surface as a texture on
an openGL quad, moving it arround, and updating changed areas of the texture
corresponding to sprite blits.

I'm use this for a scrollable/zoomable map/unit display in a turn based game,
where I get 60+ FPS while scrolling, although I'm not animating units so the
texture doesn't change frequently.  Still, since textures only update
rectangles that have changed, it shouldn't be too bad.

-Jasper