Re: framework proposal - was Re: [pygame] Re: Distribution of Work

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:54 am, Jasper Phillips wrote:
> Basically I've got a python module for using a pygame surface as a texture
> on an openGL quad, moving it arround, and updating changed areas of the
> texture corresponding to sprite blits.
>
> I'm use this for a scrollable/zoomable map/unit display in a turn based
> game, where I get 60+ FPS while scrolling, although I'm not animating units
> so the texture doesn't change frequently.  Still, since textures only
> update rectangles that have changed, it shouldn't be too bad.

Please, share the code even if only person-to-person, but to the list would be
better. I'm looking to have to implement something similar myself right now,
so if you've got some code that I can start with, I can run with it and see
where it ends up :)

And don't be worried about code quality (if you are :) ... remember that the
best open source code is released early and released often!

   Richard