[pygame] png manipulations

Hi,

my question is not directly related to pygame, but maybe somebody has some hints for me:

I've  buildt an animated sprite class for background decorating, based on sequences of png's, which itself are  derived from animated gif's. Usually I manipulate the gif as gif in gimp (if necessary) and then use Image Magicks 'convert -deconstruct' on the commandline to produce the png sequence.

Often (transparent background) the edges are a bit ugly (inherited from gif) - so I like to improve them (eg setting pixel alpha there).

Of course I know how to do this in gimp for every frame seperately (gimpin' all night ;-) - but I'm looking for a more comfortable method to manipulate the whole bundle.

Any ideas welcome :-)
Arnd
--
"Die Zukunft war frueher auch besser."