Re: [pygame] png manipulations

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:05:40 +1000
Rene Dudfield <illumen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> scriptfu!  could be for you!
>
> The python scripting of the gimp is pretty cool.  Or you can use one of
> the other languages if you want.

thanx for encouraging. Python-gimp indeed looks promising. Already thought about Script-Fu, but was somewhat afraid to learn Scheme/lisp just for some pics...

> That is if you can find a set of gimp filters to do your bidding.  Not
> sure how it would be done.  Maybe some sort of a blur?  But you only
> want to blur around the edges I guess.  Maybe an edge detect, then blur
> that, then blit that over the top of the original.

Maybe some bluring, yes. But this depends individually. Some pics should be smoother others cleaner at their edges.

Arnd
--
"Die Zukunft war frueher auch besser."
                             [Karl Valentin]