Re: [pygame] png manipulations

Arnd Zapletal wrote:

Hi,

my question is not directly related to pygame, but maybe somebody has some hints for me:

I've buildt an animated sprite class for background decorating, based on sequences of png's, which itself are derived from animated gif's. Usually I manipulate the gif as gif in gimp (if necessary) and then use Image Magicks 'convert -deconstruct' on the commandline to produce the png sequence.

Often (transparent background) the edges are a bit ugly (inherited from gif) - so I like to improve them (eg setting pixel alpha there).

Of course I know how to do this in gimp for every frame seperately (gimpin' all night ;-) - but I'm looking for a more comfortable method to manipulate the whole bundle.

Any ideas welcome :-)
Arnd

scriptfu! could be for you!

The python scripting of the gimp is pretty cool. Or you can use one of the other languages if you want.

That is if you can find a set of gimp filters to do your bidding. Not sure how it would be done. Maybe some sort of a blur? But you only want to blur around the edges I guess. Maybe an edge detect, then blur that, then blit that over the top of the original.

Have fun!
http://www.holepit.com/