Re: [pygame] png manipulations

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:46:57 +0200
Antti Kaihola <akaihola@ambitone.com> wrote:

> I've found the Python Imaging Library often a lot less painful than
> python-gimp whenever PIL's simple operations suffice. I'm not sure how
> well it support alpha channels, though.

Right, PIL also has a filter for edge detecting. I will try it as well, thanx. (I'm quite new to Python and every day surprised about a) the huge & mighty variety of modules and b) how easy it is to learn/implement them. Sometimes I feel more like writing a letter to a friend than coding :-)

Arnd

--
"Die Zukunft war frueher auch besser."
                             [Karl Valentin]