Re: [pygame] Introducing Pygame Launcher alpha

On Oct 21, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:

So, does anyone else think a project like this could be useful? What
kind of features would you like to see in the final product? What
libraries should be bundled with the launcher (the alpha1 binary
release contains a large part of the Python standard library, PyGame
1.6, Numeric 23.5 and PyOpenGL 2.0.1.09, a later release should add at
least PyOpenGLContext and twisted for networking)? Would you be
willing to distribute your own pygame games in .pyg format?

I think this seems like a very interesting idea, and I'd surely consider distributing my games this way. The only potential problem I see is with library versioning. For example, it seems that if I were currently working with a prerelease pygame 1.7, then my pyg wouldn't work with this; conversely, whenever your pyglauncher goes over to pygame 1.7, older pygame 1.6 pyg files won't work. Or am I missing something?

//jack