Re: [pygame] Pygame on OS X 10.4 Tiger

On 10/21/05, thor <thorthor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Troels and Jack
>
> I've tried both of your suggestions and they work if I paste the line into
> the
> terminal and then start Python. Python 2.4.1 starts !
>
> However, if I paste the line into the .bashrc it doesn't do the job.
> It starts old python.

Well, how about this:  delete .bashrc (or rename to somthing innocuous
like .bashrc_off), and create a .bash_profile containing these lines:

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin:$PATH
export scons="/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin/scons"

(I don't know who or what needs that scons line and put it in there
for you, but presumably it's some package you've installed...)

> Even if I start 2.4.1 and try to run a pygame example, I get the following:
> (and I just installed the latest PyObjC from the website)
> [...]
>     raise ImportError("PyObjC 1.2 or later is required to use pygame on Mac
> OS X")
> ImportError: PyObjC 1.2 or later is required to use pygame on Mac OS X

Bear in mind that most packages you install will install into the
directory that is appropriate for the first python binary in your
path;  Until you get your path pointing at /usr/local/bin first, most
python packages you install will end up being installed for the
builtin python 2.3.5, in a different location where 2.4.1 won't find
them.  That's probably what has happened here.

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com