Re: [pygame] Pygame on OS X 10.4 Tiger

On Oct 21, 2005, at 5:38 AM, Jack Nutting wrote:

On 10/21/05, thor <thorthor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Even if I start 2.4.1 and try to run a pygame example, I get the following:
(and I just installed the latest PyObjC from the website)
[...]
raise ImportError("PyObjC 1.2 or later is required to use pygame on Mac
OS X")
ImportError: PyObjC 1.2 or later is required to use pygame on Mac OS X

Bear in mind that most packages you install will install into the directory that is appropriate for the first python binary in your path; Until you get your path pointing at /usr/local/bin first, most python packages you install will end up being installed for the builtin python 2.3.5, in a different location where 2.4.1 won't find them. That's probably what has happened here.

That's true for building from source, but for mpkg installers the version of Python it installs for is fixed and is part of the name of the package.

-bob