Re: [pygame] Pygame on OS X 10.4 Tiger

On Oct 21, 2005, at 8:36 AM, thor wrote:

I've solved the problem. I installed everything again, in this order:

I think your problem is that you changed bashrc without starting a new shell. It's a startup script, changes don't take effect immediately.

MacPython-OSX-2.4.1-1
TigerPython24Fix-r2
Numeric-23.7-py2.4-macosx10.3
pyobjc-1.3.6-py2.4-macosx10.4
PIL-1.1.5-py2.4-macosx10.3
pygame-1.7.0-py2.4-macosx10.3

Perhaps the confusion is that the installer on http:// pyobjc.sourceforge.net/
(the one I was using) is PyObjC 1.3.7 for Python 2.3 and OSX 10.4 whereas Bob's
installer is PyObjC 1.3.6 for Python 2.4, but OS X 10.4.

(does this drive other people mad as well, or do I just lack the nerdy element in me?)

I guess the problem was that the official PyObjC installer is not compatible with Pygame.
In addition, it would be good if Bob would state on his website that the OS X 10.3
packages work on 10.4 as well, but that's a bit unclear at the moment. (And some don't
- like the PyObjC package)

That's not true. PyObjC for 10.3 works on 10.4. PyObjC for 10.4 has *additional features* for 10.4 that are not compatible with 10.3. Both are compatible with pygame.

-bob