Re: [pygame] Images and Sounds

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:55:29 -0700 Rabbit wrote: >That's an interesting idea, and I'm not against it, but >there are a >few obstacles... > >I imagine the library would need to be quite large, else >we'd find a >bunch of games developed in PyGame that all looked and >sounded the >same (and even then). > >Also, where are you going to get the sounds and images? I >suppose we >could let developers submit them (provided the material >isn't under >copyright). Would the creator of submitted materials >still own them? > >If you're serious about this I'd suggest writing up an >outline of >sorts that goes into these kinds of details. > >All in all though it could be cool and fun to see what >people come up >with. Good luck. > >- Rabbit > >--- > >On 10/24/05, Matthew wrote: >> Hey I was wondering, I hate to have to search for sounds >>and pictures for my >> games and I was wondering if any of you liked the idea >>of a directory on >> pygame (not CVS) that would have a lot of pictures and >>sounds for you to >> download? I am trying to get it on the pygame website >>but he thinks that I >> need to get some people interested first. Sincerely, >>Matt I think that the person that submited them would still own them but they would be up for grabs for anyone who wanted to use/edit them. Sincerely, Matt