Re: [pygame] I can handle more of a one monitor?

Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 05:21:38PM -0700, Jasper wrote:
I had a friend try my game on a dual monitor system once, and it wouldn't work. I recall at the time someone here said SDL just didn't support dual monitors, so there was no way to make it work short of extending SDL.

My experience was that pygame.display.list_modes() returned the dual-head desktop as the largest mode (2048x768), which then caused an SDL crash if I tried to pass it to pygame.display.set_mode with the FULLSCREEN flag.

Single-head modes (1024x768 or lower) work just fine, but you get the
same picture on both monitors.

Marius Gedminas
I guess it depends on how your video card is configured.
When using set_mode with FULLSCREEN, it shows fullscreen on the 'primary' screen on mine (and on a friend's).

If you set your video card to 'span' across two screens, I think it should be able to use the combined resolution (both screens as one surface) without crashing.