Re: [pygame] PyODE

I think that´s because you haven't separeted your graphics code with the physics one.
In a pro game, there are 2 updates: the renderer, and the gameplay. The renderer would update every... say, 1/40 of a second, while the gameplay would update every 1/100; that would avoid problems such as colision misperception(Being carefull always, to not exagerate in the acceleration).

Ryan Charpentier <ryancharpen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yea well the good news is that either putting those planes in or just zeroing any z axes or a combination seems to have fixed the problems I had with my motion getting messed up.

Now however i'm noticing that my boxes get stuck together if the speed is too great. If I accelerate my square really quickly it'll even pass straight through. I've had this happen when I was using rects with pygame, but I assumed ode handled this problem. Or is this normal behaviour?