Re: [pygame] pygame-ctypes?

Simon Wittber wrote:

Whats the status of pygame ctypes atm?

Functionality is complete. The few modules that are not implemented are unofficially deprecated in Pygame, so will probably never get implemented (pygame.movie, pygame.overlay). There are no outstanding bugs that I'm aware of (though probably plenty of undiscovered ones). There are many places that could be optimised one way or another, but what's there now is pretty much as fast as it can get as long as it remains pure Python.

An easy_install'able pygame-ctypes would be very handy...

There are .eggs for all versions of Python at http://pygame.org/ctypes/. I haven't looked into whether more is required to make it easy_installable, but would be happy to make the changes if requested.

Alex.