[pygame] PyGlyph: Making Examples Work

I'd like to be able to render text in OpenGL so that I can do an interface not limited to SDL rendering speeds, but so far I've not succeeded. PyGlyph seems like a solution, but its Hello World example crashes.

<code>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\example\hello.py", line 56, in ?
    HelloExample().run()
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\example\example_base.py", line 60, in run
    self.init()
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\example\hello.py", line 30, in init
    fonts = pyglyph.font.LocalFontFactory(font_dir)
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\font.py", line 117, in __init__
    self.add(path)
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\font.py", line 130, in add
    self.add(os.path.join(path, file))
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\font.py", line 132, in add
    info = pyglyph.ttf.TruetypeInfo(path)
  File "C:\Python24\pyglyph\ttf.py", line 93, in __init__
    mmap.MAP_SHARED, mmap.PROT_READ)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MAP_SHARED'
</code>

The problem might be due to a bad installation, as I had to guess at where to put the files. Through some combination of trying to run setup.py (which just complained that I didn't give it any parameters) and simply moving files, I got PyGlyph's files into a subdirectory of Python24. I tried "import pyglyph" in the console, which worked. But then the "hello" and "paragraph" examples gave me this error.

Any ideas?

Kris